Quite lot of times a had gazar ka halwa (carrot halwa) made by my mother, but now when i am married she is not here with me and i really miss her. I never made gazar ka halwa before but had seen my mom making it many a times, so thought to give it a try and surprise my hubby. And guess what it came out to be delicious, now would like to share this easy to make recipe with you all.
- Carrot: 4 big cup (grated)
- Milk: 3 big cup
- khoya: 250 gms
- Sugar as per taste
- Dry fruits: 1 cup (finely chopped and saute in ghee)
- Cardamom: 4 (powdered)
- Ghee: 1tbsp
- Place non-stick kadhai on flame.
- Add grated carrot and milk, cover it with a lid and bring it to boil for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now mix it well and check if carrot is totally boiled.
- Allow carrot to soak the entire milk and do mix it well in between.
- Now add khoya to the mixture and mix it well till it get reddish brown.
- Now add sugar and ghee as per your taste and mix well again.
- Once halwa is fully cooked add chopped dry fruits (keep some aside for garnishing) and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Transfer in a serving tray, garnish with leftover dry fruits.
- Serve hot. (You can even store this for 10 to 15 days, just microwave before serving)
*For better taste add a cup of fresh cream while cooking